1. Upcoming Student Organization meetings:
• Multicultural Social Justice (MSJ) – Oct 11 and 25, 11-11:50am, room 384
• GSA – October 26, 6:30-8pm room 384
• Queer Equality Alliance (QEA) – Oct 11, 6pm, room 302 (conference room)
2. Kaladis coffee will be available for free in the student kitchen on Monday October 17th and Friday October 21st. Bring your own mug!!
3. Blowout Sale !! on GSSW T-shirts and hoodies during lunch hour on the 2nd fl. lounge
on Mon Oct 10, Tues Oct 11, Thurs Oct 13, and Fri Oct 14.
4. Links for the GSSW event calendar and non GSSW events can be found at http://sites.google.com/site/gsswstudents and http://sites.google.com/site/gsswstudents/Home/NonGSSW-Events-and-Information . Bookmark these sites to always have easy access to what is going on.
5. NASW is hosting our Student Council kick-off meeting on Oct. 19th, 5:30, at 3600 South Yosemite, in the lower level conference room. We will be socializing, learning about NASW, hearing from you and planning our year. Please RSVP at http://www.naswco.org/calendar.cfm and contact me at Sara.Friedman@du.edu with questions.
6. Colorado Society of Clinical Social Work Brown Bag Series –Tuesday October 18th. Room TBA. CSCSW hosts this brown bag (with free pizza) with a clinical case presentation by a local social worker on the 3rd Tuesday of most months.
7. The Denver Psychoanalytic Society Brown Bag– October 25th, 11-11:50am, room 284. Mark Wolny will give a case presentation.
8. Town Hall Meeting with Dean James Herbert Williams and Associate Dean Jean East will be held next on Tues Nov 1, 11-11:50am in room 484.
9. Focus groups on sense of community at GSSW – contact Karen.Bensen@du.edu if you are a concentration year student and would like to participate in one of these focus groups. They will take place over the lunch hour and pizza will be served.
10. Advising time is upon us. Contact your advisor for an appointment. Registration for winter quarter is Wed Nov 2.
Advisor assignments are now available in WebCentral/MyWeb:
o Login to WebCentral
o Click on the MyWeb Tab
o Click on “Banner Self-Service”
o Click on “Student and Financial Aid”
o Click on “Student Records”
o Click on “General Student Information”