Karen Bensen – Director of Student Services Weekly 10 points.
- Registration for Fall quarter is Friday, July 27th. Please be prepared to have a Plan B in case you cannot get in your first choice of course or section. If it is a required course, there will be more sections in Winter or Spring. The online course planning form that you completed was just your intended registration, but you still need to officially register for classes on Friday.
- GSSW Community Outdoor Movie Night! Thursday, August 2, 8:30 pm on the GSSW patio. There will be snacks to share. Bring your friends, family, children, partners and a lawn chair or blanket to sit on! Movie TBD. Contact Morgen.Warner@gmail.com with your family friendly suggestions.
- There will be GSSW t-shirts and hoodies available for sale on Wednesday August 1 and Thursday August 2 over the lunch hour in the lobby area. Cash or checks made out to the University of Denver will be accepted. Check them out!
- Your Code of Ethics booklets are in your mail folders.
- Debriefing the Aurora shootings – Several of us met over lunch on Wednesday to talk about and debrief this tragic event. We will meet again next Tuesday over lunch in room 384 with special guest, Judy Wise, retired professor from GSSW who started the trauma certificate here.
- Save the Date – GSSW Community Service Day! Friday September 7 ending with food and music on the GSSW patio. Put it on your calendar! More details to come.
- Join DU’s GSSW BUY, SELL, SWAP TEXTBOOKS! Facebook group for good textbook deals.
- Join the GSSW Class of 2013 Facebook group in addition to the GSSW Advanced Standing 2013 Facebook group to connect with your classmates!
- 9. Remember that feeling some anxiety at this time is completely normal, but if is feeling unmanageable, talk to Karen.Bensen@du.edu about getting a referral for reduced cost counseling.
- 10. Only 3 more weeks of class to go to complete the summer quarter!