10 Important Pts.
- Upcoming Student organization meetings. Look for individual emails for more detail.
MSJ – 9/27, 11-noon, room 348: Stephanie Noll firstname.lastname@example.org
Phi Alpha – 9/27, 11- noon, room 284: Stephanie Begun email@example.com
QEA – 9/27, 6-7:30, room 302: Emily Gamm firstname.lastname@example.org
SOBA – 9/27, 6-7:30, room 484: Jason Vitello email@example.com
ECO Conscious – 10/3 & 10/7, 11-noon, room 284: Kristi Roybal firstname.lastname@example.org
GSA – 10/5, 10/19, 11/16, 6:30-8pm, room 384: Rebecca Meyers email@example.com
Disrupting Privilege dialogues – Thursdays, 6-7:30, room 284: Kelly Shinn firstname.lastname@example.org
Social Work-It – regular working out times, see flyers: Ali Lewis email@example.com
- Funding to attend conferences, workshops, and trainings is available through GSA for up to $75. Go to http://www.du.edu/gsac/gssw.html to find the application.
- Plans are under way for El Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) at GSSW on Nov. 2nd, 6-8pm. If you are interested in being a part of the planning, contact, Stephen.firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Focus Groups about sense of community at GSSW – if you are a Concentration Year student and would like to share your experience with community at GSSW for research being conducted by Jean East, Marian Bussey and Karen Bensen, please contact Karen.Bensen@du.edu . Focus groups will be held over the lunch hour on concentration days and pizza will be served.
- NASW Council of Students Open House – two student-oriented projects: advocacy for policy adjustment to better enable M.S.W. participation in loan forgiveness programs, and organizing a Colorado job fair for June. These are excellent opportunities for DU students to become engaged with NASW while creating programming beneficial to them and there is an open meeting on OCTOBER 19th, 5:30, at the NASW office (3600 S. Yosemite, Denver, lower level conference room) to learn more. RSVPs are requested on the NASW website: http://www.naswco.org/calendar.cfm. email@example.com for questions.
- Town Hall Meetings with the Dean and Assoc Dean – Thursday, October 6 – 11:00 a.m. – Noon in Room 484 (First years) and Tuesday, November 1 – 11:00 a.m. – Noon in Room 484 (Second years/AS). This is a wonderful opportunity to talk about what is going well and where you have suggestions for improvement in the GSSW program.
- Facebook – If you have not yet joined your class’s group on Facebook, don’t miss out! Search for DU GSSW Class of 2012! and GSSW Class of 2013. This is a great way to get connected.
- Referrals for therapy – as mentioned in Orientation, reduced cost therapy is available for GSSW students with area LCSWs, many of whom are GSSW alums. Contact Karen.Bensen@du.edu
- GSSW Events calendar and Community Announcements – watch for an email about the availability of these links that will keep you connected to happenings at GSSW, DU, and the wider Denver community.
- RPCV (Returning Peace Corp volunteers) – contact Sophie Dila at firstname.lastname@example.org, president of the DU group, to get added to the listserv and hear about group events.