10 Pts 1/13/12
- Anti-Oppressive Practice Event debriefing sessions – Still need some more time to continue the conversation started this past Wed night? Couldn’t attend and want to hear about what was discussed? Attend one of two lunchtime brown bag sessions Friday January 13th and Tuesday January 17th, 11-11:50am in room384.
- Morris Dees will speak at the law school this Tuesday, January 17th 4-5pm at the DU Law School. Click on the url to register: https://secure.imodules.com/s/1150/index_2col.aspx?sid=1150&gid=1&pgid=2582&cid=4137
- Dancin’ with the Dean 2.0! February 11th, 7-11pm. Food, libations, line dance instruction, DJ, and YOUR Dean on the dance floor! RSVP info to follow.
Get Your Line Dance On! Want to be ready for Dancing with the Dean 2.0?
Join us for line dancing lessons every Sunday until DWD 2.0 for great exercise and great fun! Bring one canned good or non-perishable food item for each dance session to be donated to Food Bank of the Rockies!
1/15 1:00 PM Beginner Level Good Time Good Time by Alan Jackson
2:00 PM Beginner Plus Level No Quitters I Ain’t No Quitter by Shania Twain
1/22 1:00 PM Beginner Plus Level Rio Patricia by Mestizzo
2:00 PM Low Intermediate Level Mandolin Dreams Pickin’ Wildflowers by Keith Anderson
1/29 1:00 PM Beginner Plus Level Wonderland Waltz Welcome to Mystery by Plain White T’s
2:00 PM Intermediate Level Bayou City Twister Dance! by Twister Alley
2/5 1:00 PM Low Intermediate Level Dizzy Dizzy by Scooter Lee
2:00 PM Intermediate Level Lover Lover Lover Lover by Jerrod Niemann
- Psychoanalytic Society Brown Bag – Dr. Jill Miller presenting on Developmental Psychodynamic Psychotherapy with Children. Monday January 30, 11-11:50 in room 284. Pizza served.
- Tracy Kraft, MSW – Brown Bag talk about her race for a House Seat in Colorado and her journey toward getting involved in politics and policy making. Pizza provided. Thursday Feb 2, room 284.
- 13th annual White Privilege Conference
We are hoping to get 50+ students, faculty, staff, alumni, family, and friends of DU to go because that would be amazing! And because that would give us a good discount on the registration rate! Caravan to Albuquerque, NM , March 28-31, 2012 (Leaving Wednesday evening, arriving and staying Thursday through Saturday, then driving back Sunday)
Why? To continue the necessary work of disrupting White Privilege, of course!
RSVP: If you or anyone you know is interested, let’s combine forces! Please contact Kelly Shinn email@example.com
- GSSW T-Shirt Design Contest – put those graphic design skills to good use and design a t-shirt for GSSW to be printed up by GSA. Use no more than two – three ink colors and the design should be related to social work and GSSW of course. Deadline to submit designs is Valentine’s Day – Feb 14th. Send them to Meyers.firstname.lastname@example.org .
- BINGO Night! – Our annual favorite! Bring the kids, grandparents, partners and friends. GSA will provide pizza and drinks and BINGO supplies. You provide the fun spirit! Friday February 3, 6-8pm in the Community Room. Watch for rsvp info.
- Upcoming Student Org Events:
QEA meeting – Tues. Jan 17 & Tues. Jan 31, 6-7:30, room 302.
GSA meeting – Wed. Jan 18 and Wed. Feb 1, 6:30-8pm, room 384.
SOBA event – Walk with SOBA in the MLK Day Marade, Mon., Jan. 16th, 2012.
They will be meeting at 9am in front of Tattered Cover on Colfax.
MSJ monthly potluck – Sun, Jan. 29th, “What role does activism play in anti-oppressive practice?” Contact Stephanie Noll for time and location, Stephanie.email@example.com .
ECO Conscious Meeting – Thurs. Jan 26, and Tues. Jan 31, 11-11:50 in room 384.
- Next New Faculty Candidate – Yolanda Anyon will be presenting her colloquium on Mon. Jan 23, 11-11:50 in room 448. Everyone is welcome to attend to hear about her research. No rsvp necessary. Students are invited to join Yolanda for pizza and conversation on Tues. Jan 24, 11-11:50, room TBD. RSVP to Karen.firstname.lastname@example.org fi you would like to attend the lunch.
This was originally sent via email by Karen Bensen to all GSSW students.